Registration for New CTE Senior Electives Now Open!
TST BOCES Career & Technical Education (CTE) seniors can now register for three new electives for the 2021-2022 school year.
Classes will be offered during morning sessions (8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) and are recommended for students who have an interest in pursuing a career in the offered fields after high school. Registered students are eligible to earn concurrent enrollment credits through Tompkins Cortland Community College and attain industry certification upon high school graduation. Seats are extremely limited due to small class size, and enrollment is on a first-come basis.
Learn more about these NEW senior electives:
Applied Computer Technology & Cybersecurity
- Earned credit for Regents Physics or Chemistry and Algebra II by the end of 11th grade
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of personal computer equipment
- Knowledge of administration of systems running Windows 10, MacOS, and/or Linux
- Background in computer programming, setting up and troubleshooting home networks, and/or PC repair are helpful, but none of these are necessary.
- Eligible for TC3 Concurrent Enrollment Credits in CIS 132 - Network Design (3 credits)
- Earn industry certifications in enterprise-level network design
For more information on this elective, contact Dr. John Lasseter or visit the course description online.
Applied Nurse Assisting & Health Occupations
- Earn credit for Regents Chemistry, Regents Physics, or AP Biology by the end of 11th grade
- Express interest in healthcare field - considering college programs and/or future careers in Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Physical Therapy Aide, Phlebotomist, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgical Technician, Nutritionist, Physician Assistant.
- Eligible for TC3 Concurrent Enrollment Credits in HLTH 206 - Personal Health (3 credits)
- Attain integrated health (½ credit)
- Earn industry certifications in Home Health Aide and Phlebotomy
- Participate in HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) student leadership opportunities
For more information on this elective, contact Fran Horner or visit the course description online.
Applied Sports Conditioning & Exercise Science
- Earned credit for Regents Chemistry, Regents Physics, or AP Biology by the end of 11th grade
- Express interest in health/wellness/fitness field - considering college programs and/or future careers in physical therapy, sports, occupational therapy, athletic training, personal training, recreational therapy, exercise science, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical education/coaching, and health and fitness
- Eligible for TC3 Concurrent Enrollment Credits in:
RECR 112 - Introduction to Kinesiology (3 credits)
BIOL 131 - Principles of Human Anatomy & Physiology (4 credits)
- Attain integrated science (1 credit) and physical education credit (½ credit) and 2 elective credits
- Earn industry certifications in American Red Cross First Aid, CPR & AED
For more information on this elective, contact Christine Becraft or visit the course description online.