Educators! Check out these summer offerings through Regional School Success!
- Uncover some of the challenges and obstacles that educators face and start to create solution-based plans to navigate through them with ease.
- Reconnect to the reason you wanted to become a teacher in the first place and then articulate why you teach now.
- Create your mission, or your “why,” which will serve as a guidepost for all of your decision making.
- Explore your vision and who you want to be as an educator, and what that actually looks like; this is your north star.
- Learn strategies to uphold healthy boundaries so you can show up as the teacher you want to be.
- Discover that you are not your brain; you are a person who has a brain.
- Leverage the power of metacognition and neuroplasticity to understand how your brain functions under stress, anxiety and overwhelm.
- Adjust the way you respond to stressful situations.
- You can’t change what you don’t notice, so let’s go deep to take subconscious thoughts to a place of conscious, empowered awareness.
- Examine trauma-informed teaching strategies and understand that your own emotions and paradigms impact the way you respond to every situation.
- Work with the concepts of psychology and cognitive neuroscience behind paying attention, making memories, and understanding your power of choice.
- Create a consistent practice of reflection as you strive to continuously improve as a teacher.
- Learn how to give and receive effective feedback.
- Engage in constructive self-assessments for your teaching practice.
- Uncover hidden beliefs, biases, and perceptions that are unconsciously limiting your ability to grow.
- Discover the incredible power of your language.
- Understand your paradigm in order to create inclusive learning spaces.
Join us in Ithaca, NY for our annual Diversity & Inclusivity Symposium of Thought Leaders: Cultivating Excellence and Equity! Participants will explore issues related to diversity & inclusivity in our schools, and connect in thoughtful dialogue with school districts from across New York. The summer symposium will feature keynote sessions with high-caliber speakers and breakout sessions on topics of equity & inclusivity throughout the two days. Networking time is built in through receptions and ample group time will be provided during the program.
Hear from nationally renowned speakers including: Dr. Yolanda Sealy-Ruiz, Dr. Sharroky Hollie, Dr. Luvelle Brown, and Dr. L. Oliver Robinson.
Registration fee for all participants is $350 (includes conference meals, speaker fees and session materials). Registration deadline: July 1, 2022.
Self-Pay Participants: Payment and completed registration form must be received by July 1, 2022. Credit cards are not accepted.
District Pay Participants: Registration forms must be fully approved by district administrators prior to July 1, 2022.
No refunds will be issued unless enrollment is dropped by July 1, 2022.
Questions about billing? Please contact Sierra Schell firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Wemmer email@example.com
Click here to register in Frontline