Continuing Teacher and Leadership Education

Effective July 1, 2016, Professional Learning was replaced by Continuing Teacher and Leadership Education (CTLE) Requirements. All PL periods expired on June 30, 2016 and reset as of July 1, 2016. Information regarding Registration and CTLE can be found on the website for the Office of Teaching Initiatives.

Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements

Classroom Teacher and School Leader Professional Certificate holders or Level III Teaching Assistant Certificate holders – For information for registration information and record keeping of CTLE hours click here.

Initial Re-issuance certificates:

75 clock hours of Professional Learning must be completed PRIOR to application for certificate reissuance and the PL must be in the content or content teaching area of the certificate.

These 75 hours are not entered into TEACH by the school district (or the applicant themselves). PL can be entered in Frontline Professional Growth but you must also be able to prove completion of these 75 hours with physical documentation.




Regionally accredited institutions of higher education or institutions authorized by the Board of Regents to confer degrees

NYSED Inventory of Registered Programs

US Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs

Official Transcripts

School districts or boards of cooperative educational services (BOCES)

NYS Office of Teaching Initiatives

Certificates/Letter from Provider

Teacher Resource and Computer Training Centers

NYS Teacher Centers

Certificates/Letter from Provider

Leadership academies

NYC Leadership Academy


Certificates/Letter from Provider

Regional Special Education Technical Assistance Support Centers (RSE-TASCs) and Bilingual Education Technical Assistance Centers (BETACs)



Certificates/Letter from Center Certificates/Letter from Provider

Collective bargaining organizations or regional or statewide professional organizations



NYS Theater Education Association

Certificates/Letter from Provider

Employing nonpublic schools


Certificates/Letter from Provider

Comparable entities located outside New York State


Certificates/Letter from Provider